- TB 675 2017 B4-61 General guidelines for HVDC electrode design
- TB 671 2016 B4-62 Connection of wind farms to weak AC networks
- TB 663 Guidelines for the procurement and testing of STATCOMS
- TB 657 2016 Guidelines for the preparation of "connection agreements" or "Grid Codes" for multi-terminal schemes and DC Grids
- TB 649 2016 GUIDELINES FOR LIFE EXTENSION OF EXISTING HVDC SYSTEMS
- TB 619 2015 HVDC CONNECTION OF OFFSHORE WIND POWER PLANTS
- TB 617 2015 HVDC LCC Converter Transformers - CONVERTER TRANSFORMER FAILURE SURVEY RESULTS FROM 2003 TO 2012
- TB 609 2015 Study of Converter Transients Imposed on the HVDC Converter Transformers
- TB 604 2014 Guide for the Development of Models for HVDC Converters in a HVDC Grid
- TB 590 2014 B4-04 Protocol for reporting the operational performance of HVDC Transmission Systems
- TB 563 2013 B4-38 Modelling and Simulation Studies to be performed during the lifecycle of HVDC Systems
- TB 554 2013 B4-49 Performance Evaluation and Applications Review of Existing Thyristor Control Series Capacitor Devices – TCSC
- TB 553 2013 B4-47 Special Aspects of AC Filter Design for HVDC Systems
- TB 536 2013 C4/B4/C1.604 Influence of Embedded HVDC Transmission on System Security and AC Network Performance
- TB 533 2013 B4-52 HVDC Grid Feasibility Study
- TB 508 2012 B4-44 HVDC Environmental Planning Guidelines
- TB 492 2012 B4-46 Voltage Source Converter (VSC) HVDC for Power Transmission - Economic Aspects and Comparison with other AC and DC Technologies
- TB 447 2011 B4-48 Components Testing of VSC System for HVDC Applications
- TB 417 2010 B4-45 Technological Assessment of 800kV HVDC Applications
- TB 407 2010 JWG A2/B4.28 HVDC Converter Transformers - Guidelines for conducting design reviews for HVDC converter transformers
- TB 406 2010 JWG A2/B4.28 HVDC Converter Transformers - Design review, test procedures, ageing evaluation and reliability in service
- TB 388 2009 JWG B2/B4/C1.17 IMPACTS OF HVDC LINES ON THE ECONOMICS OF HVDC PROJECTS
- TB 371 2009 WG B4.40 Static Synchronous Series Compensator (SSSC)
- TB 370 2009WG B4.39 Integration of large Scale Wind Generation using HVDC and Power Electronics
- TB 364 2008 WG B4.41 Systems with multiple DC Infeed
- TB 352 2008 WG B4.34 Capacitor Commutated Converted (CCC) HVDC Interconnections: Digital modeling and Benchmark Circuit
- TB 337 2007 JWG B4/A3/B3.43 Increased System Efficiency by Use of New Generations of Power Semiconductors
- TB 280 2005 SC B4 WG B4.33 HVDC and FACTS for distribution systems
- TB 269 2005 SC B4 WG B4.37 VSC Transmission
- TB 242 2004 SC B4 WG B4.35 Thyristor controlled voltage regulators: Parts 1 and 2
- TB 240 2004 SC B4/A2 JTF B4.04/A2.01 Analysis of HVDC thyristor converter transformer performance
- TB 237 2003 SC B4 WG B4.19 Static synchronous compensator (STATCOM) for arc furnace and flicker compensation
- TB 223 2003 SC B4 WG B4.28 Active filters in HVDC applications
- TB 222 2003 SC B4 WG B4.05 On voltage and power stability in AC/DC systems
- TB 215 2002 SC 14 WG 14.32 HVDC converter stations for voltages above +/- 600 kV
- TB 205 2002 SC 14 WG 14.31 Custom power - State of the art.
- TB 202 2002 SC 14 WG 14.26 HVDC stations audible noise
- TB 186 2001 SC 14 WG 14.20 Economic assessment of HVDC links
- TB 183 2001 SC 14/37/38/39 JWG 14/37/38/39.24 FACTS technology for open access
- TB 160 2000 SC 14 WG 14.27 Unified power flow controller (UPFC)
- TB 149 1999 SC 14 WG 14.29 Coordination of controls of multiple FACTS/HVDC links in the same system.
- TB 144 1999 SC 14 WG 14.19 Static synchronous compensator (STATCOM)
- TB 143 1999 SC 14 WG 14.25 Cross-modulation of harmonics in HVDC schemes
- TB 139 1999 SC 14 WG 14.30 Guide to the specification and design evaluation of AC filters for HVDC systems.
- TB 136 1999 SC 14 TF 14.01.04 Fire aspects of HVDC thyristor valves and valve halls.
- TB 130 1998 SC 14 WG 14.23 Operational guidelines and monitoring of HVDC systems
- TB 127 1998 SC 14 WG 14.11 Guide for upgrading transmission systems with HVDC transmission
- TB 123 1997 SC 14 WG 14.18 Thyristor controlled series compensation
- TB 119 1997 SC 14 WG 14.05 Interaction between HVDC convertors and nearby synchronous machines.
- TB 116 1997 SC 11/14 JWG 11/14.09 Guide for preliminary design and specification of hydro stations with HVDC unit connected generators.
- TB 115 1997 SC 14 WG 14.07 Guide for planning DC links terminating at AC system locations having low short-circuit capacities. Part II : Planning guidelines.
- TB 114 1997 SC 13/14 WG 13/14.08 Circuit-breakers for meshed multiterminal HVDC system.
- TB 113 1997 SC 14 WG 14.01.03 Test circuits for HVDC thyristor valves.
- TB 112 1997 SC 14 WG 14.17 Semiconductor power devices for use in HVDC and FACTS controllers.
- TB 103 1996 SC 14 WG 14.05 Commutation failures. Causes and consequences.
- TB 097 1995 SC 14 WG 14.12 System tests for HVDC installations.
- TB 093 1995 SC 14 WG 14.01.02 Guidelines for testing of thyristor valves for static var compensators.
- TB 092 1995 SC 14 WG 14.03.02 DC side harmonics and filtering in HVDC transmission systems
- TB 086 1994 SC 33 /21/14 JWG 33/21/14.16 Overvoltages on HVDC cables.
- TB 082 1994 SC 38 WG 38.01.05 Use of DC converters for VAR control.
- TB 078 1994 SC 14 WG 14.01.02 Voltage and current stresses on thyristor valves for static var compensators.
- TB 077 1993 SC 38 WG 38.05.04 Analysis and optimisation of SVC use in transmission systems.
- TB 068 1992 SC 14 WG 14.07 Guide for planning DC links terminating at AC locations having low short-circuit capacities. Part 1. AC/DC interaction phenomena.
- TB 065 1992 SC 14 WG 14.03 AC harmonic filters and reactive compensation for HVDC with particular reference to noncharacteristic harmonics.
- TB 051 1996 SC 38 WG 38.01.06 Load flow control in high voltage systems using FACTS controllers.
- TB 034 1989 SC 33/14 JWG 33/14.05 Guidelines for the applications of metal oxide arresters without gaps for HVDC converter stations.
- TB 025 1986 SC 38 TF 38.01.02 Static var compensators.
- TB 003 1987 SC 14 WG 14.04 Compendium of HVDC schemes throughout the world.
- TB 000 1994 SC 14 WG 14.02 A summary of the report on survey of controls and control performance in HVDC schemes.
- Session papers
- Other Documents
- SC Library
- Documents related to the development of HVDC Grids
TB 553 2013 B4-47 Special Aspects of AC Filter Design for HVDC Systems
This new TB is intended as an Addendum to the 1999 Technical Brochure 139 "Guide to the Specification and Design Evaluation of AC Filters for HVDC Projects", which was subsequently converted into IEC/TR 62001. It addresses four areas which continue to be problematic and controversial: a.c. network harmonic impedance, preexisting harmonics, a.c.-d.c. harmonic interaction, and current-based interference criteria. As well as making recommendations, it attempts to inform and explain, so that project-specific decisions can be made with full knowledge of the technical background while balancing the risks and benefits appropriately.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1 INTRODUCTION AND OBJECTIVES
2 AC NETWORK IMPEDANCE MODELLING
2.2 Implications of inaccurate definition of network impedance
2.3 Considerations for network modelling
2.4 Network harmonic impedance envelopes
2.5 Methods of determining envelope characteristics
2.6 Examples of the impact of different network impedance representations
2.7 Interharmonic impedance assessment
2.8 Measurement of network harmonic impedance
Appendix 2.1 Location of worst case network impedance
Appendix 2.2 Accuracy of network component modelling at harmonic frequencies
3 PRE-EXISTING HARMONICS
3.2 Modelling and measurement of pre–existing harmonic levels
3.3 Harmonic performance evaluation, methods and discussion
3.4 Calculation of total harmonic performance indices
3.5 Harmonic rating evaluation
3.6 Difficulties with the voltage source/worst network model for rating
3.7 Further possible calculation procedures for rating evaluation
Appendix 3.1 Further guidance for the measurement of harmonic voltage distortion
Appendix 3.2 Project experience of pre-existing harmonic issues
Appendix 3.3 Worked examples showing impact of pre-existing distortion
Appendix 3.4 Comparison of calculation methods
4 HARMONIC INTERACTION ACROSS CONVERTERS
4.2 Practical experience of problems
4.3 Indicators of where harmonic interaction is significant
4.4 General overview of modelling techniques
4.5 Composite resonance
4.6 Core saturation instability
4.7 Particular considerations for back–to–back converters
4.8 Issues to be considered in the design process
4.9 Parallel a.c. lines and converter transformer saturation
4.10 Recommendations for Technical Specifications
5 CURRENT-BASED INTERFERENCE CRITERIA
5.2 Determining the necessity for telephone interference limits
5.3 Defining telephone interference limits
5.4 Consequences for filter design
5.5 Telephone infrastructure mitigation options
5.6 Experience and examples
Appendix 5.1 Example of induced noise calculation with Dubanton equations
Appendix 5.2 Illustration of the benefit of including a TIF requirement in the Technical Specification
Appendix 5.3 The impact of a.c. network harmonic impedance and voltage level on the filter design
necessary to fulfil an IT criterion
Appendix 5.4 Specification of IT limits dependent on network impedance